With the new school year coming up, we thought it would be a good idea to review the Timely Lessons you'll be able to use this fall!
- Labor Day - a lesson introducing the history begind Labor Day in the United States.
- Back to School - A lesson that helps prepare parents to talk with their children's teachers. Can also be modified to focus on giving students the language to talk to their own teacher in the adult education classroom.
- Fall Vegetables - A lesson introducing students to the Fall harvest and vegetables they can find in their own community.
- Daylight Saving Time - A lesson that prepares students to discuss Daylight Saving Time and their preferences around different daily activities.
- Thanksgiving - A lesson that prepares students to discuss Thanksgiving and what they're thankful for.
- New Year's Day - A lesson that prepares students to discuss major life events and celebrating the New Year.
Also, this is not a Timely Lesson, but with the election this Fall is a great opportunity to use lesson 8.5, Voting and Elections.
What other fall-related topics do you bring into the classroom for your students?